Taos Ski Valley will this summer launch The Blake Elevated Experiences curated weekend excursion packages that offer a specialized itinerary of activities, meals, and stays to meet travellers’ desires for wellness, adventure, or culture.
“Visitors come to Taos Ski Valley for a different type of getaway – one that feels intimate, intentional, and deeply connected to nature and the special confluence of cultures found here,” said John Kelly, Taos Ski Valley Chief Operations Officer. “The Blake Elevated Experiences make it easier than ever before to take in all that Taos has to offer in the summertime – simply select your theme and we’ll take care of the rest, from lodging to meals and activities and beyond.”
The slopeside Blake at Taos Ski Valley (including the Blake Residences and Penthouses) will be home base to the fully immersive Summer 2023 The Blake Elevated Experiences, which are:
- Wellness: to renew, relax, restore
A curated itinerary to help guide you on a journey of personal wellbeing. Whether you seek an inner reset or are working towards a specific goal, this weekend package offers spa treatments, yoga, nature immersions, spiritual elements, and more to help you focus on your wellness and return to your daily life refreshed.
- Adventure: to explore, energize, enjoy
An action-packed getaway with adrenaline-pumping outdoor activities in the Enchanted Circle, including guided hikes, white water rafting, a Via Ferrata cabled mountain climbing experience, fly fishing, and more. And at the end of the day, enjoy the elevated respite of The Blake to restore and relax. This experience will leave you invigorated.
- Culture: to connect, educate, captivate
You will be fully immersed in the unique cultural tapestry of Taos that has drawn some of the most prolific artists to the region for centuries. Through art walks, historic site tours, photography excursions, and more, this hand-crafted weekend experience lets you dive into the intersection of nature’s beauty, history, and art.
Taos Ski Valley’s early summer schedule will kick off May 25, with the resort open Thursday-Sunday. Then, June 22 – September 17 the resort will be fully operational 7 days a week. Finally, in the fall, Taos Ski Valley will once again operate Thursday-Sunday only from September 18-October 22.
Besides The Blake Elevated Experiences, visitors will find respite in the cooler mountain air and exhilarating outdoor activities in Taos Ski Valley this summer:
- The Via Ferrata climbing experience is situated at 11,500 feet in the sub-alpine ecosystem of Kachina Peak. It features beginner through advanced climbing route challenges, a 100-foot skybridge, and a double-cable catwalk. Novice climbers can experience the thrill of cabled mountain travel under the supervision of a guide, and progress to vertical terrain with spectacular views of the Rio Hondo and Wheeler Peak Wilderness. Along the way, guides will share information and stories about the history, culture, and natural environment that make Taos Ski Valley so unique.
- The Williams Lake Trail is a wooded 3.7-mile intermediate trail culminating at a picturesque lake bordered by stunning mountain vistas or at the summit of Wheeler Peak, the highest mountain in New Mexico.
- Scenic Lift Rides allow riders to breathe in the cool, clear mountain air while enjoying the spectacular alpine scenery.
- E-Bikes are available for rent from Taos Sports for guests who want to explore the entire valley, or move around without a car from the Taos Ski Valley base area to the Kachina Basin to visit a trailhead or eat the world-famous Bavarian restaurant while enjoying live music and scenic views.
- The 12 weeks of Taos, which offers free programming for visitors and locals alike is once again returning this summer, with full details on activities coming soon to the Taos Ski Valley events calendar. The resort will be hosting free yoga on the plaza every Sunday morning, along with movie nights and other family-friendly activities throughout the summer.
Taos Ski Valley will have several exciting redevelopment projects underway this summer, which will considerably improve the visitor experience into the future. First, the historic Hotel St. Bernard reconstruction will be underway. Also, the resort is replacing two chairlifts: Lift 4 will be replaced with a high-speed detachable quad, and the Pioneer Lift will be replaced with a fixed-grip triple chair. Taos Air by JSX will also once again operate this summer. Beginning on June 29, it will offer direct roundtrip air service to Taos from Burbank, San Diego, Austin and Dallas.
As America’s first and only B-Corp ski resort and a CarbonNeutral® certified resort, Taos Ski Valley is committed to ensuring that every investment, upgrade, and operational decision is underpinned by a commitment to environmental sustainability, social responsibility, and economic contribution to the local communities in Taos and Northern New Mexico.