The largest chalet operator in Morzine, Elevation Alps, has launched new arrival days, opening up a far more flexible approach to booking a ski holiday in the popular French resort.
Guests can now choose whether to arrive in a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, rather than the traditional Saturday arrival.
This means skiers can now more easily book a shorter break with Elevation Alps, and also take advantage of lower cost airfares on the non-peak days of the week.
Elevation Alps has a total of 34 properties exclusively in Morzine, with 13 new chalets and apartments added during the past 12 months and more planned to launch for the 2022-23 winter season. There’s 20 staff based in the resort to look after guests.
Currently, five of the properties are available to start on a Friday, but plans include extending the offer to more properties during the future.
The company also works on a flexible catering basis and has shown how it’s possible to save a significant amount of money on a traditional catered chalet package holiday, by booking through Elevation and building services on top, such as private chef services. Elevation Alps state that up to 50% can be saved compared to traditional catered chalet holidays, and the product can be significantly superior.
This trend for flexible catered chalet holidays, pioneered by Elevation Alps when it launched in 2015, is now growing in popularity following Brexit and other French employment regulations changes that mean building separate services on a catered chalet costs less, but in most cases, offers a better quality service.
Kathryn Leake from Elevation Alps, said: “We have added Friday changeovers as an option to our luxury self-catered chalets and apartment portfolio. So now guests can arrive on 3 out of the 7 days in the week, Sat, Sun and Fri. This enables guests to take advantage of cheaper flights and quieter airports and transfer services. It gives guests a whole weekend to get ready for work or the kids ready for school on their return. And it allows those guests who want to book a long weekend to do so. We also highlight how guests can easily save money by booking accommodation through us and building on services such as a private chef – both saving money and getting a better service. It’s a no brainer really”.
Bookings information for short breaks: elevationalps.com/ski-weekends-short-breaks
The five chalets available for flexible booking arrival days this winter:
- Mont Des Anges – sleeps up to 14 people in 6 bedrooms, this large luxury chalet comes with a sauna and a hot tub. elevationalps.com/chalets/chalet-mont-des-anges from €6,000 per week
- Chalet Rouge – sleeps up to 14 people in 6 bedrooms, with mountain views and a short walk to Morzine Centre, some with sauna, hot tub and cinema room. elevationalps.com/chalets/chalet-rouge from €5,800 per week
- Loup’ka – the 4 bedroomed duplex chalet-apartment sleeps 8 people and is ski-in-ski-out. Centrally located, it comes with a hot tub and wood burner. elevationalps.com/apartments/loupka from €4,000 per week
- Le Bonheur apartment – 4 bedrooms, sleeps 8 people (NEW, not online yet)
- Apartment Ginster – 4 bedrooms, sleeps 8 people (NEW, not online yet)
New chalets for this winter season:
- Les Samares, Lati – centrally located apartment that sleeps 8 in 3 bedrooms, with the chance to ski back in good snow conditions. elevationalps.com/apartments/les-samares-lati from €3,080 per week
- Cissac – centrally located new-build apartment sleeping up to 6 people with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with ski-in-ski-out feature. elevationalps.com/apartments/la-carlina-cissac from €1,791 per week
- Snowdrop – 4 bedroom apartment in central Morzine location sleeping up to 9 people. Fantastic location for both the town centre and ski lifts. elevationalps.com/apartments/lecho-du-pleney-penthouse-snowdrop from €3,800 per week
Flights with Easyjet to Geneva are available on Friday’s from Belfast (selected Friday’s through the winter), Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Manchester, London Luton and London Gatwick and start from £55 return. SWISS run direct Friday flights from London City, London Heathrow, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester. British Airways fly from London Heathrow and London Gatwick to Geneva.