The new Powderhound 12 Snowpack and the new Fusion reservoir win at this year’s ISPO design Awards, in the “Equipment” category.
CamelBak’s new Powderhound 12 Snowpack and Fusion hydration reservoir have won the 2022 ISPO Award in the “Equipment” category.
With 10 litres of storage space and a 2-litre CruxTM reservoir, the Powderhound is the ideal backpack for ski resort vacations and occasional off-piste rides. Designed specifically to be your go-to board and ski carry pack for all-day lift laps and short in-bound boot packs, the new snowpack features a Lift Access Quick Release Harness designed for chairlift trips, so you can easily access your gear between carving.
The SnowShield Technology protects your essentials all day long while the Snowshed Back Panel, which is snow-repellent, and the Therminator harness, keep the water supply reliable and frost-protected, thanks to an insulated sleeve in the shoulder strap. This way, water will keep flowing no matter the snow, ice, or sub-zero temperatures.
“This ski and snowboard backpack offers despite its small size not only space for a 2-litre hydration bladder. Also shovel, probe and first aid pack can be stowed without problems. A minimalist daypack for piste and backcountry.” Commented the ISPO Award Jury.
POWDERHOUND 12 FEATURES IN A NUTSHELL
* CRUX™ Reservoir delivers 20% more water per sip, with an ergonomic handle for easier refilling
* Snowshed back panel repels snow: it doesn’t stick to your pack
* Therminator harness – drinking tube zips into an insulated sleeve in the shoulder strap to protect your water from the elements
* Diagonal ski carry – use the external straps to carry skis diagonally on the outside of the pack
* Removable stability belt helps to keep pack secure over technical terrain while
gear organization includes storage compartments designed specifically for avalanche gear
* Large zipper tabs are easy to grab while wearing gloves
The new Fusion™ Reservoir is CamelBak’s enhanced hydration solution that lets you concentrate on the adventure at hand.
The integrated handle and pinch grip construction allows for single-handed filling at sinks and refrigerators. TRU® Zip is durable and waterproof so zipping is remarkably simple. The molded back panel provides a thin profile for easy cleaning, and thanks to the Hydroguard Technology the growth of bacteria in the reservoir and hose is inhibited.
Finally, the universal hanger fits any of CamelBak’s hydration-compatible packs.
The new Fusion reservoir comes in 2L and 3L capacities and in a group specific version with 6L or 10L capacity.
The 2L version was awarded the ISPO Award 2022. The Jury commented: “The new hydration bladder from CamelBak is a good example of how a proven product becomes even more user-friendly through innovative detail improvement. Every athlete who uses a hydration bladder for fluid intake will appreciate the easy filling and cleaning as well as the practical zipper.”
FUSION RESERVOIR FEATURES IN A NUTSHELL
* TRU® Zip is durable and waterproof
* Integrated handle makes filling comfortable and easy
* Universal hanger for all hydration-compatible packs
* Rigid backplate eliminates need for baffle for easier cleaning and drying
* Hydroguard™ technology inhibits the growth of bacteria in the reservoir and tube
* 100% Free of BPA, BPS and BPF
* Pinch grip allows single-handed filling at sinks and refrigerators
* Big Bite™ Valve delivers 20% more water per sip
* On/Off lever makes it easy to prevent leaks
* Quicklink™ System for easy reservoir removal from your pack
* Compatible with CamelBak filtered by LifeStraw reservoir filter kit
“Our achievements are shaped by the strength of the foundations we set,” said Steve Nadler, CamelBak vice president of Product and Marketing. “CamelBak was built on the ideas of innovation and hydration; these values remain the foundation of our business and what we do today.”