For 120 years, the Ski Club has been bringing people together through a shared passion…
U.S. Ski & Snowboard partners with GMTM For Future Athlete Identification and gives young athletes around the country an opportunity to try out for the U.S. Aerials Ski Team team virtually.
Have you watched the Olympic Winter Games and thought, ‘I want to do that’? Now you have the opportunity. U.S. Ski & Snowboard has partnered with GMTM to recruit young athletes and Olympic hopefuls to gain attention from Olympic coaches in aerials skiing through the U.S. Aerials Ski Team Pipeline: Digital Combine.
Aerials skiing became an Olympic sport at the 1994 Games and consists of a skier performing flips and spins off a jump and landing on an inclined hill. Aerialists’ scores are based on their jumps, air time, form, landing and degree of difficulty of the jump performed.
Aerials skiers come from various backgrounds, including gymnastics, diving, trampolining, BMX biking and more. And the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team is looking to recruit athletes to join the pipeline for the Olympic Winter Games.
Through U.S. Ski & Snowboard on GMTM, athletes can participate in activities hosted by Team USA scouts and coaches to gain exposure and be seen by the best in the sport. Through questionnaires, video uploads and messaging to connect athletes to coaches, young skiers will be one step closer to competing for the nation’s national team.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is the United States’ National Governing Body (NGB) for skiing and snowboarding and hosts national and international competitions while helping athletes compete. U.S. Ski & Snowboard is also responsible for nominating athletes to Team USA—the nation’s team for the Olympic Games.
The U.S Aerials Ski Team Pipeline: Digital Combine offers experienced skiers and new athletes from other sports backgrounds a step-by-step process to begin participating in the sport. Through the event page, five unique activities allow participants to showcase a variety of talents from different disciplines. Those activities include:
1. Athlete Background – Build your ATHLETE profile and share what interests you about the U.S. Aerials Ski Team.
2. Highlight Reel – Upload a highlight reel or a video of your highest sporting achievement.
3. Standing Backflip – Upload a video of your standing backflip, aerial training or trampoline work so that our team can review your submission.
4. 40-Yard Dash – Upload your 40-yard dash time below and a video recording of your sprint so our team can review your submission.
5. Vertical Jump – Upload your vertical jump measurement below and a video recording of your jump so our team can review your submission.
The partnership between GMTM and U.S. Ski & Snowboard allows youth skiers to interact in real-time and build a profile that organizes accomplishments, metrics and content, which is visible to coaches.
If you are a skier or an athlete from another sport hoping to find an opportunity with U.S. Ski & Snowboard, create a profile now and stay tuned for new events coming to GMTM.