For 120 years, the Ski Club has been bringing people together through a shared passion…
Breckenridge Ski Resort kicks off the summer season with the return of Epic Discovery and the opening of the BreckConnect Gondola on Friday, June 17.
This summer, experience the mountain you love in a whole new fashion. Trade in your skis for bikes and your boards for hikes. Or just take in the sights and beat the city heat. Either way, your days are sure to be filled with summer fun, mountain adventure and views that will literally leave you breathless.
So, are you ready to elevate your summer at Breck?! Join us for a high alpine summer, with daily operations taking place through Labor Day (Sept. 5).
Ride the FREE BreckConnect Gondola
The BreckConnect Gondola operates daily for summer, providing free transportation between the Town of Breckenridge and the ski resort’s Peak 8 base area. Hop aboard a gondola cabin to enjoy a free scenic ride, and transportation to and from on-mountain summer adventures at Breck’s Epic Discovery.
Epic Discovery On-Mountain Activities
The hub of on-mountain Epic Discovery activities at Breck is at Peak 8, starting with Base Camp and then riding the Colorado SuperChair all the way up to Alpine Camp. The most popular summer activities are the Alpine Slides and Gold Runner Coaster (Pro Tip: Arrive early and hit these fan favorites early to best avoid any lines). There are also a variety of scenic, family-friendly and thrilling activities throughout Epic Discovery. See below for a full list of planned summer activity offerings.
Escape the Heat with a Mountain Retreat
Breck’s high alpine environment allows you to get out and cool off in summer. With a base elevation of 9,600 feet above sea-level, low humidity and average summer temperatures in the mid-70s, Breck is the perfect mountain retreat to escape the heat and humidity of the city.
With the low humidity, temperatures in the mountains can swing pretty drastically between morning, afternoon and evening. Plus, add in the elevation factor and you may find that while shorts and a T-shirt were perfect for walking around in town, it may not be quite enough up on the mountain (on average, expect the temperature to decrease by 5 degrees with every 1,000 feet of elevation gained). We always recommend checking the weather before heading out for your summer activity, and bringing along plenty of water, sunscreen, layers and a rain jacket, just in case.
Pardon our Construction – Rip’s Ride Chairlift Upgrade
This summer, the resort is upgrading the Rip’s Ride chairlift on Peak 8 to a high-speed quad for the upcoming 2022/23 winter season. Due to this construction, there will be some impacts to summer activities and trails. Most notably, the Lil’ Climber Challenge Course and the Bungee Trampolines will be located near the Colorado SuperChair. In addition, due to construction there will be no beginner mountain biking trails this summer and the resort will not operate the kids summer tubing activity, kids zipline or the Breck Flyer Zipline.
For more information on summer at Breck, visit Breckenridge.com/EpicDiscovery.
2022 Summer Activities & Operations
BreckConnect Gondola Hours of Operation: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Epic Discovery Hours of Operation: 10 AM to 5 PM
- BreckConnect Gondola: Free transportation from Town up to the base of Peak 8
- Colorado SuperChair: Scenic rides, bike hauls and access to Alpine Camp
- 5-Chair: Access to the Alpine Slides
- Ski Hill Grill & TBar: Located at the base of Peak 8
- Vista Haus: Located at Alpine Camp, off the top of the Colorado SuperChair
- Sevens: Located at the base of Peak 7
Peak 8 Base Camp Activities:
- The Colorado SuperChair: Scenic Rides, Bike Haul and access to Alpine Camp
- Scenic Rides: Ride the Colorado SuperChair for beautiful views more than 11,000-feet above sea-level.
- Bike Haul/Mountain Biking: Lift-served mountain biking access to trails on Peaks 7 & 8
- Alpine Slides: A classic favorite, choose between three 2,600-foot-long slides and control the speed of the cart while racing down berms, turns and straightaways.
- Gold Runner Coaster: Ride single or with a friend on 2,500 feet of elevated coaster track and wind through the forest at speeds up to 25 MPH.
- Lil’ Climber Challenge Course: The kid-sized version of the Alpineer Challenge Course features ropes, bridges, logs and other kid-friendly obstacles and challenges for younger guests.
- Bungee Trampolines: Harness up to bounce, flip and soar towards the mountaintops.
- Mini Golf: Putt for fun or a hole-in-one on this scenic 18-hole miniature golf course.
- Mini Miner Gemstone Panning: Pan for gems and take home the goods.
Alpine Camp Activities (Accessed by the Colorado SuperChair):
- Alpineer Challenge Course: Harness up and test your balance and agility on one of 15 different challenges from swinging logs, bridges, rope swings and more.
- Gold Summit Climbing Wall: The 40-foot-tall climbing wall offers 16 distinct routes to challenge all ability levels, from beginner and advanced climbers.
- Vista Point Overlook Tower: Enjoy panoramic views of Breck and the surrounding mountains.
- Interpretive Hiking Loop: This gentle walking loop includes “Story Stakes” with photos, fun facts and interactive activities about the environment and wildlife at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
- Horseshoe Bowl Hiking Loop: This approximately 1-mile high alpine loop trail is a moderate hike that becomes blanketed in red, yellow and purple wildflowers mid-summer.