Arc 1950, high up in the French Alps with views to Mont Blanc, opens for a summer of alpine fun on July 2, 2022. There follows eight weeks of action-packed activities, perfect for families or groups of friends looking for a summer adventure in the French Alps.
Each week, guests booking at least 5 nights’ accommodation at Arc 1950 can enjoy three free activities from a list of 12 ‘Wellness’, ‘Discovery’ and ‘Skills’ activities including fitness, zumba, aquabike, trail running, a half-day hike, an introductory mountain biking session for 8-12 year olds or an introduction to archery.
New for Summer 2022, Arc 1950 offers Introduction to Biathlon and Nature Orienteering activity sessions. Every Thursday the village stage also hosts a free concert and for the first time, the village is part of 40 free classical music concerts, the ‘Academie-Festival des Arcs’, with a performance on Thursday 28th July at 5pm of “Les Variations Goldberg”, a string trio with the participation of Eric Crambes, Artistic Director of the festival.
ON FOOT, BY BIKE OR IN THE AIR
Stay in Arc 1950 and enjoy hiking the surrounding mountains – Col de la Chal, Mont Pourri or the Aiguille Rouge or take one of the many trail running paths which connect from Arc 1950 through the terrain of Les Arcs. Rent a mountain bike, e-scooter, take to the air in a parapent or take a ride on the new zip wire at Varet.
Nathalie Guidon, Director of Arc 1950 Le Village adds, “We have loved seeing our guests back in the Village during the winter months and this summer sees the return of our full programme of activities. This makes us a special village in summer as we have a great village atmosphere every day. We have so much on offer within the Village itself as well as of course enjoying the surrounding mountains.”
Each week a different theme pulls together the activities within the village of Arc 1950:
· July 2nd – 8th: Family Week: Scooter races and orientation races
· July 9th – 15th: Nature Week & Wellness: ‘conscious cookery’ and an educational farm
· July 16th – 22th: A week of archaeology and architecture themed activities
· July 23th – 29th: The Pirates -‘The Armutan players’ bring a world of pirates to Arc 1950
· July 30th -August 5th: Urban Street week – graffiti workshop, Hip-Hop, street trial MTB etc.
· August 6th – 12th: Mountain Day – to honour the mountain, a chance to rediscover the authenticity and natural heritage of the area
· August 13th – 19th: Ninja Box Ninja Warrior return to Le Village
· August 20th – 27th: Arc 1950 Park – Team challenges archery, Connect 4 basketball, interactive climbing wall, speed touch arena
The commitment of the Village’s Pierre & Vacances residences has been rewarded by receipt of the “Clef Verte” (Green Key) label. Symbol of ecologically responsible tourism, it recognises Arc 1950’s commitment to sustainable development. Residents and visitors alike are active participants in a strategy which includes an environmental policy, water, waste and energy management and working towards a sustainable living environment. All the village restaurants are committed to supporting local produce and using organic products when they can.
CAR FREE and with incredible views of Mont Blanc, Arc 1950 offers visitors a safe, fun and friendly village based high in the French Alps. Easy access via free shuttle from Bourg Saint Maurice, with options for train travel from the UK, flights via Lyon, Geneva or Grenoble or 9hrs drive by car from Calais [underground parking below the village].
Pierre & Vacances offer a 7 night stay in a 2 bedroom apartment in Arc 1950 from £510 for this summer.
Header image: credit Andy Parant